1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Playing DVD movies on MFD screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by acousticbiker, Jul 5, 2006.

1. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

I'm trying to figure out the best and/or most cost-effective way to go about this and have read the existing threads on this topic. I'm still left with a few questions and thought I'd organize the information available:

AV Electronic sells two options (http://www.avelectronic.com/products.htm):

1. Navigation Video Switcher System

-Priuschat member Sazzam has provided the only feedback I know of--and he is very enthusiastic about it. Anybody else have feedback about this product?

2. Navigation Video Interface

-This is a cheaper, lower-cost version with only RCA-type inputs (no S-video). Does S-video actually make a noticeable difference on a 2006 MFD display? Also, I don't see audio input on this one, so I'm not sure that audio would be through the factory speakers when playing a DVD, for instance (AV Electronic support has not answered my question about this)

Coastaletech has something similar they call Viewtech (http://www.coastaletech.com/viewtech_2005.htm). Has anyone used this? Does this work with the 2006 Prius? Currently, their email address is bouncing back.

Are there any other solutions out there for using the MFD display to show movies, TV, etc? I'd prefer not to cut wires and stick with plug-and-play options.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Coastal Tech's seems to be vaporware. This has been offered for over a year without any being shipped.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I don't think those work with 2006.