1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please help. I need a good repair shop for my 2008 Prius in Michigan

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Galicg01, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Galicg01

Galicg01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    At first my air bag light went on then the red triangle then the VSC and ABS etc. I took it to the dealer they clear the code and they said they couldn’t figure out what it was and the light never came back on after they drove it. The car run and drives fine. I took the car home and all the lights came back on agai. I took it back to them and now they said it could be an air bag module but they sound like they weren’t that certain and they are charging me $650 on top of the diagnosis of $130 that I already paid them. I don’t know if I should trust them to get it fix and what if that is not what is wrong with it. Pls advise or if you know any repair shop in Michigan I really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. F00BC7C8-155D-4550-ADE1-3842731738AA.jpeg

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

If you took the vehicle to a Toyota dealer and they charged you $130 for a diagnostic, then they should've gave you some paperwork after you paid them. Look on the paperwork for any five (5) digit OBD2 fault codes; examples are: "B1826" or "P0A80" or "C1310".

If there are no the 'fault codes' (aka DTCs), then they didn't do a diagnostic test on your vehicle, or you didn't get what you paid for.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Tell them too, you definitely want to see the codes on the paperwork.

Sorry, didn't read closely, see the diagnostic has already happened.

4. Galicg01

Galicg01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for your reply guys. I looked back at the paper works and it they gave me a bunch of works that needed to be done and one of them it says “OP CODE” BD108 module, air bag restraint- replace $746.48