1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

please help me with my cd error message

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ozoneluva, Jun 23, 2005.

1. ozoneluva

ozoneluva New Member

evening alll prius lovers! today I turned on my 6 cd player on my prius and there was a message saying cd error. the night before, my brother borrowed my car and might've put a cd in the wrong slot where there was already a cd I believe. I try to change the cd but the light above the cd button keeps blinking and it doesn't play. does anybody know how to fix this problem without needing to take the prius to the dealer because I'm going away this weekend and don't want to cancel my trip because of the cd problem. please help me... thankyou

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:1c1581f4ad]Which version of CD player? The 6 CD changer?

There's an extensive thread here (use the search function) about homemade CDs with attached labels having the label detatch in the player. Not pretty.[/font:1c1581f4ad]

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sadly, unlike the Camry's system where the major errors are listed by number (e.g. ERROR 1), this only says CD CHECK or CD ERROR. I checked the manual and all it says is to eject the disc. Anything else, go to the dealer to have it inspected.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You can't double load a CD into a slot in the in-dash changer. Pressing LOAD would open up to the next available slot.

The diagnostic screen would produce codes that if looked up might give more detailed information, but it does seem that the dealer would have to work on it.

5. GeekyDragon

GeekyDragon New Member

I've go the standard stereo and when I put a data CD or corrupt CD into the player it gives me the gneric CD Error message. Could this be your problem?

--GD

6. techogurl

techogurl New Member

I had this problem and took my car in to toyota... it took them 30 mins to pull the old player out and give me a new one. They say that there was a glitch with some of the cd players.