1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please help! Opening a door with a broken lock mechanism...How?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Morgueman, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Morgueman

Morgueman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    My 2011 Prius apparently had a broken lock actuator on the driver's door, and knowing that the dealer would charge me over $500 for installation of a new actuator, I decided to order a new $5 motor off of ebay, and change the little motor inside the actuator myself. Everything was going fine until I put everything back together, and gave it a try. Now my door won't unlock at all. :eek: All of the other doors work fine. I've tried the little key from the keyfob, and turning it kinda feels mushy. My guess is that something is wrong with my re-installation of the cables.

My problem is that I can't open this door to take the door panel off and fix the problem. Any suggestions at all??? Can a locksmith help with this, or do I need to take it to the dealer and probably get a crazy price (way beyond the original $500 it would have been)?

Thank you,
    Eric

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    If you can't open it from the inside either, you may have to get a locksmith to open it with a jimmy or something similar.