1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please Help! re: voice tags

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by p21usa, Mar 18, 2006.

1. p21usa

p21usa New Member

I have been trying to use the "dial by name" function but it says I need to record a voice tag first. I cannot figure out how to do it. I searced high and low on this forum to find step by step instructions to no avail. All I could find was to go into the contact info and edit the contact to add a voice tag, but there is no button to do this. I know I am missing something but I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out on my own. Thanks for any help.

Patti

'06 silver pkg 7

2. p21usa

p21usa New Member

bump.

Can anyone answer this? Is it a phone capatability issue or just something I'm not "getting?"

patti

'06 silver #7

3. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Check on the driver's side door pillar for the manufacture date. Prii with 1105, 1205 dates have significant issues with voice commands and bluetooth. For example, have the FM radio on, press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "AM radio" - and the voice will reply "AM radio" but won't switch the radio to AM. But if you say "CD" it will reply "CD" and switch from FM to CD. It requires a software fix - and maybe a hardware fix - go to the dealer, demonstrate the non-functioning "AM radio" command, complain that your voice system isn't working properly. Until enough of us do complain, no action wil be taken.

4. the fish

the fish Member

OP, the place to record voice tags is a little hidden. Go to your phone book and choose a contact. Then choose edit to get to the Edit Contact Data screen - you should the name and two places for phone numbers and another place for group. On the left of that screen are page up/down arrows. Press the down arrow and you should get the voice tag button on the right. Push that button you should see the voice tag setup screen. You should be fine from there. This has to be done for each contact and I think it only works for one number for each contact. Good luck!

5. p21usa

p21usa New Member

the fish,

Thank you, thank you, a thousand times...Thank you!! It didn't even cross my mind to scroll down since there was still a lot of room for info on that first page. I just ran out to the car and added the voice tags...very easy.

Patti

6. p21usa

p21usa New Member

Walt,

My car was manufactured in 1105 but I haven't noticed any problems with the voice recongnition but I'll check it out today. Thanks for the "heads up."

Patti

7. the fish

the fish Member

Happy driving and calling!

8. PriVusLY

PriVusLY Junior Member

You have posted many details about the voice problems. Please provide details on the bluetooth problems. Thanks!