1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please help!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Scott1331, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Scott1331

Scott1331 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I’ve never joined a chat so go easy on me. My 05 Prius won’t start. My wife saw the red triangle while driving the other day and then once she got home she left the car running in the drive for 3 hours. After I shut it off, it wouldn’t start. Power button is orange and the dash blinks and ends with 5 square boxes. Replaced the 12v battery, no luck. Unplugged the white plug from the black box next to the battery, no luck. Help! Thanks to someone I hope!! Scott

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Since you got a red triangle there must be an error code. If you don't have a code reader or a friend with one, have a mechanic get them for you. Those code numbers will lead you in the right direction and sharing them here will help everyone confirm or deny whatever they believe the problem is.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. VFerdman

VFerdman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not much to go on here. I second the recommendation of getting the codes read.

srellim234 likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her? might be time for a new hybrid battery, or it could be an inverter pump.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. Texas Hybrid Batteries

Texas Hybrid Batteries Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    +1
    Sounds like classic shorted inverter coolant pump. Check the AM2 fuse under the hood. If it's blown you'll need to replace the pump and then the fuse in that order.

strawbrad and VFerdman like this.