1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please help !!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mygirlsprius21, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Mygirlsprius21

Mygirlsprius21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So I was changing the battery on my girlfriends 08 prius and I know this is stupid but I accidentally while undoing the battery hit the little plate that holds the brake power supply box right next to the battery with the end of the Rachel I'm usually more cautious and aware but it sparked and smoked and I got it off with another object now the prius won't start no dash nothing but I got a new battery like I was saposed in the first place and also got a new brake power supply box hooked it all up and only the headlights come on and they come on ...on their own and won't shut off even if I'm physically Turing them off and nothing else works no dash lighting up when I try to do accessories no start nothing no controls for door like locks or windo work nothing idk what could it be did I fry the car it's self I hope not this would be a first out of years and year doing this kind of stuff and it's getting kind of scary

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know there’s suppose to be a period somewhere in your long sentence, but from what I’ve read, you probably should check your fuses. Replace the blown ones

3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Smoke is never a good sign.
    You may need professional help to fix this.

ANDRAS RIMELY likes this.