1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BongoSTL, Apr 25, 2007.

1. BongoSTL

BongoSTL Junior Member

Dear All---

I am the proud (soon to be) owner of a Prius Touring package 5.

Now, I was not impressed with the audio quality....

I am not, by any means, looking for top of the line, but I am a musician, and want something at least passable.

My thoughts were (though I have NEVER done any audio upgrades to a car before) that I would add an Amp and a subwoofer (should I get new speakers, too?).

If I am off base, and there is a better way to do this, PLEASE feel free to advice!

I want to still be able to use the stock head unit (to see the track information, to use the wheel controls, etc...)

And I don't want to spend a lot of money---that's the big one (I'm a student right now, so this car has already set me back quite a bit!)

Thanks so much---

D

I forgot to mention---- I am OK with electronics, so if you think I could do the install, I can probably do it...

would appreciate specific brand rec's, too!

Thanks again

D

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BongoSTL @ Apr 25 2007, 06:49 AM) [snapback]429633[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Bongo and congrats on your new Prius!

Do a search here on "audio upgrade" and you will find many many threads on this. If you upgrade your speakers, you may also wish to install sound deadening material in your doors too.