1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please make suggestions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by tasker109, May 29, 2008.

1. tasker109

tasker109 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I live around St Louis. I was watching our Fox affiliate news show this morning and one of the anchors mentioned he was hypermiling on the way to work this morning. i emailed him and asked if he had a prius. he responded that he drives a honda civic. i wrote back making some general comments and he responded AGAIN asking if i or my husband would be interested in participating in a segment regarding hypermiling! oh yeah! you betcha! anyway, i dont know when it will happen, but please make suggestions as to what we might want to offer up for discussion?

2. Huntceet

Huntceet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You have to be careful with newspeople and I'd be especially wary of FAUX. Newspeople will edit what you say and make it seem like you said the opposite of what you intended. They just go for what they can turn into ratings, the truth be damned.

3. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ever read John Grisham? I suspect one of the reasons his books are so popular is he dislikes the media and lawyers. I happen to be reading the one about the football QB who breaks a sportswriter's jaw.

4. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Contact JIMBOK -- he is an accomplished hypermiler and has demonstrated it for TV crews before. He could teach you some things about hypermiling that you don't already know and probably tell you how he handled the media's tactics.

5. tasker109

tasker109 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    is jimbok a member here?? how would i contact him?

6. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, he is a member of PC. You can look him up in the Members List or here is a link to his profile PriusChat Forums - View Profile: JimboK

If you Google Priuschat his hypermiling video is usually a couple of entires down from the top.

7. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for the positive review, but I think I'll respectfully decline making a trip to St. Louis. ;)

Tasker, I'll be glad to help any way I can from afar, however. Another option might be Efusco, aka Dr. Evan Fusco -- one of PC's moderators and most active and knowledgeable members, who lives in Nixa, MO. Still not exactly the St. Louis suburbs, but a lot closer than me.

8. tasker109

tasker109 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    thanks jimbo.....im sure fox 2 is going to be presenting a positive view of hybrids. should be fun. ill let y'all know how it goes.

9. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    you might gather a bunch of facts about carbon footprint and green house gas and the like too. Knowing the myths about the batteries and the warranties also couldnt hurt.

10. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    OK, you got my attention. I just subscribed to this thread. Keep us updated on what happens. And congratulations.

Go get 'um!

Bob

11. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I understand where you're coming from and have personally been stung by the media a couple times. But if you head over to the Chicago Prius Group website (link in signature) you can click on "In the Media" and see that they can get things right from time to time.

Good luck, Tasker!
    Record it and post it if you can.