1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please vote for my alternative energy business, help me win a grant!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by BuffaloMotorWorks, Oct 26, 2012.

1. BuffaloMotorWorks

BuffaloMotorWorks BuffaloMotorWorks.com

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The small business a friend and I started is in a contest for a small business grant. Fedex is offering a $25,000 grand prize and a few $5k runner ups for small businesses:

Established in the Spring of 2011, Buffalo Motor Works occupies a specific niche that participates and promotes environmental conservation in addition to drastic cost savings to the consumer. Engaged in the sale of alternative energy vehicles, we are the only source in the entire region specializing in pre-owned alternative energy vehicle sales. Inventory such as hybrids, compressed natural gas, and clean diesels drastically reduce harmful emissions, and their efficiency saves consumers money!

We at Buffalo Motor Works believe strongly that we can promote efficiency and make it easy to obtain for the consumer. Alternative energy vehicles are available from franchise dealers brand new, but for those in the pre-owned market there is no source concentrated on alternative energy. We are involved not only in the process of vehicle sales but also promotion of alternative energy programs, our task is great but continuation assists the environment and contributes to a safer tomorrow.

Currently operating in a somewhat remote location, it is essential we incorporate a retail location in a much higher traffic area. We are also extremely hopeful of adding a retail repair shop specializing in hybrid maintenance: our innovative ideas and practices can provide significant cost savings in the maintenance of alternative energy vehicles, as well as increase awareness of alternative energy benefits and dispel the myths that may dissuade people. Expansion means job creation!

Buffalo Motor Works

You can vote every day!

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    your short cut for the voting location is not working in my end

3. BuffaloMotorWorks

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My apologies, does this work?

Buffalo Motor Works

Also, our website can be viewed at

Home

(re-design coming after another vehicle sale or two)!

4. Electric Charge

Electric Charge Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Requires Facebook to vote :(

That said, what do you mean by only company in the 'region'? I know of a similar company in the Syracuse area. Also hope you won't have any issues with the BMW brand, since both companies are in the automobile business.

Do want to see you guys succeed tho, I think it's really cool, and would definitely check the new shop out if I was in the area. Good luck!

5. BuffaloMotorWorks

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wasn't aware of a similar business in Syracuse, google didn't yield any results. Syracuse is also a 3+ hour trip each way, most car buyers I encounter don't want to travel that far.

Bayerische Motoren Werke? I think we'll be alright with them. We do rent a warehouse that used to be a BMW part out business, still 20+ cars around. And I have an e36 m3 I never drive. But Buffalo Motor Works seems pretty reasonable I think