1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pleased With initial Quality

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by JerrySC, Aug 26, 2010.

1. JerrySC

JerrySC New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have followed the Prius since its inception and having no interest in the ability to plug it in, I went ahead and purchased a 2010 V. (The last Toyota I had owned was an '05 Camry which continued to pull to one side after two dealers, and two sets of tires. After that, I joined the ranks of Infiniti and Nissan.) After an initial once over at the dealer, I went over the Prius with a fine tooth comb at home. I found an amazing number of defects. Two. The hood hold-up rod was not in its bracket. "Click." Also, the rear view mirror was a tad loose. Tightened screw. That was it. I am quite satified with the conveniences and equipment provided. It has nearly all the conveniences of a much more expensive car. There is plenty of power when needed and the ride and handling are much superior to what I was expecting. It tracks as straight as an arrow. All in all, going "green" isn't that bad at all! Actually I'm beginning to really like this car. I do wish the horn was a little more robust, but I suppose I can remedy that. :)

2. HybridMe

HybridMe New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sweet Jerry!

I picked up a Blizzard pearl 2010 II and also am very pleased with the quality and technology. Who would have thought enjoyment and hybrid would go together? I had a 2005 HAH that really was a afterthought on the hybrid part. The Prius is a technological marvel in my opinion. I agree the horn is a little weak, but my Vocal cords trump every horn on every car I have owned:)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome both of you to PriusChat!

Yup the horn can be remedied. There's a horn accessory available in Japan to give the Prius dual-horn capability (like the Camry). i don't mean two different horn sounds but rather the dual horn will result in a loud and deeper horn sound.