1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pleased with the C

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by llh4x4, May 18, 2012.

1. llh4x4

llh4x4 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After the first few days of driving, I set the trip B which will remain until I sell the car. I checked it after 175 miles of all around driving and it showed an average mpg of 61.8.

I must do some qualification. I drive 5 under the limit which in Illinois is 55 on state, county and township roads. If I'm in town I watch far ahead for traffic signals to adjust speed to be able to drive through the green and a few other minor things to promote mpg.

My 32,000 miles on the Prius II that I traded in for the C was 58 mpg av.

The C is rated lower than the Prius was but I thought that I should be able to beat the Prius II.

I had one trip to the next town to go to a pizza place and I usually was at 60 mpg when I pulled in. With the C I parked in front of the place with 68 mpg showing.

So, I am super pleased with the little bugger. It is quieter than the II, handles a little better especially in strong cross winds and is just plan fun to drive.

2. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    +1

Handles well, acceleration in traffic or on freeway is great. The CVT is the biggest surprise for me - seamless response when pushed. Not as fun as our Fit but actually a little steadier in maneuvers - feels more sure-footed. The Fit is a little more zippy but it's, for want of a better word, jittery.

MPG, for me, is okay as I always run A/C, never use ECO and don't P&G. Just drive like I always did.