1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plenty of Prii available

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Kiloran, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I passed by a dealership (not recommended) this morning and saw about half a dozen Prii on their lot near the front but not particularly near the showroom.
    This prompted me to do a Vehix search and I discovered that within 75 miles of my home in southeast PA, there were 37 2006 Prii available.

It seems to me that, if you're not to picky about color, you should be able to negotiate a price under MSRP with that kind of stock around.

Good hunting all!

2. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Or, it could be that you passed by the dealership just after they received an allocation and all six Prii are spoken for and waiting for pickup... I'm getting mine this week and the dealer says it will be sometime Monday thru Wednesday. For a short while, the dealer will have a half-dozen or more cars lined up on the lot. Someone may drive by and say...

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Nope. Their website shows 23 available Prii.
    I know that some of those are not delivered to the dealer but all are not spoken for.

4. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

My dealership posts their Prii up on their site as soon as they are in port as available but they are not, they are already sold.

5. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Why are they still your dealership? :p

I have experience (bad) with this dealership and I'm pretty sure their sold cars don't show on their website.

The dealer I eventually bought from does not display sold cars on theirs either.
    I ordered back in August for January delivery and my car never showed up on their website.

6. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

My dealer shows four available and two are shown with my color and options! I know for a fact they don't have un-spoken-for Priuses on their lot. My car should be ready this week, maybe today (unlikely) or as late as Wednesday. You just can't count on the web sites to show true availability of cars.

7. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

The Toyota websites don't just show unsold vehicles on the lot but also unsold vehicles enroute. Any spoken-for vehicles would be removed by responsible dealerships.

8. km5er

km5er New Member

They are "available" on the websites up till the minute they are actually delivered. My car was ordered 3 months in advance and when I checked the day before I picked it up it was "available" and "in stock". If you see "available", "in-stock" or "available in x days" they may or may not be actually available. Could be that they are all presold and just not yet delivered.

9. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Could be.
    My dealer didn't work this way but I don't doubt there are others that would.

10. HeyKB

HeyKB Not so new member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the Sunday Philly Inquirer, Conicelli (Springfield, DelCo) was advertising that they had 2 or 3 dozen 2005 Prii for sale.

I can't remember if it was 25 or 35, but it was a bunch. I suspect people can get a very good deal right now on a 2005. Plus immediate delivery, plus the tax credit. Nice.

11. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I had a bad experience with Conicelli.
    In addition to bad/dishonest sales dept. they pad their profit with hidden fees, etc.
    Buy elsewhere if you can.
    Bad Experience with dealer, A "NICE" place to do business? NOT!