1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug for Mossy Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by catmother, May 10, 2007.

1. catmother

catmother IEEE Life Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Took my 06 Prius to Mossy Toyota in Pacific Beach (San Diego) for an oil change (at 3400 miles) and to complain about front end alignment.

The car wanders too much driving an freeways requiring constant attention and correction.

When I went to retrieve the car and read the service record I found this:

1. Test drove car and verified customer complaint
    2. Check alignment and found out of spec
    3. Aligned front end and test drove
    4. Car pulled to the right
    5. Swapped front wheels and test drove.
    6. Car pulled to the left, removed left front wheel, dismounted tire and flipped it over, remounted tire
    7. Test drove and car now acted normally.
    8. Checked rear end alignment and found out of factory spec but no factory alignment available.

Out of curiosity I spoke to the service agent .. George .. and mentioned that the rear end can be aligned using shims, something I learned on this forum.
    George then called the supervisory mechanic .. Tim .. who pulled the service record
    and showed me the service data with the initial, factory specified, and final alignment settings. Tim confirmed that the rear end can indeed be aligned with shims but that Toyota recommends against this procedure.

Since I felt that the rear did not really affect the wandering problem, I suggested we leave well enough alone..
    Due to a computer entry error (failed to indicate warranty service) the bill was $350
    After correction the bill was $11.70

All personnel at Mossy were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to answer my questions. The shuttle drivers who took me home and later took me back to Mossy were curteous.

Having seen some posts on priuschat disparaging Mossy, I wanted to post my experience.

In addition they washed the car.

Have not yet really thoroughly tested but car handling does seem better.