1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in hybrid option PHEV

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by jstack, May 9, 2007.

1. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    There have been many articles in magazines and on line about the plug-in prius option so you can get 100+ mpg and refuel at home for 80 cents a equivalent electric cost. I have been trying to get this option but it's not ready for common folk like me yet. Most are going to large fleet sales and city and state governments. New York State ordered 10 of them from hybrids-plus.com

A local company right here in Phoenix has a few of these vehicles and tests them for the DOE, Department of Energy. They have an EnergyCS prius and a Renault Kangoo that I have seen. A few more are coming soon.

The best sorce for information on this is calcars.org, a california non profit group that stared the whole idea. They tell all the cmpanies, prices and battery types. The best are using lithium ion batteries.

Toyota will release their 2008 Prius with lithium batteries and 90 mpg at the same price as 2007 , sometime next year and you don't even have a plug on it . Imagine when and if they offer the plug with a little more battery power. WOW the Prius just gets better.