1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in Prius for hire

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by zenMachine, Jun 18, 2009.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Car club firm Streetcar has this week launched the UK's first electric car hire scheme, offering Londoners the chance to hire a plug-in hybrid version of Toyota's popular Prius.

The modified version of the hybrid car is provided by UK firm Amberjac Projects and features a new lithium ion phosphate battery that can be charged from the mains, allowing the car to travel up to 30 miles without using the conventional engine.

According to reports from the Evening Standard, the Amberjac Prius will be available for Streetcar members to hire from £5.95 an hour.
    Speaking to BusinessGreen.com, Streetcar's co-founder Brett Akker said the company's 58,000 car club members would be the first people in Europe to be able to hire a car with plug-in hybrid technology.

He added that if the trial, which is backed by Camden Council and Transport for London, proves popular the company will aim to roll out more plug-in hybrids across the capital.

Streetcar launches UK's first plug-in Prius hire scheme | Environment | guardian.co.uk

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    But ... but l.. but I though consumer reports says they don't even get 50mpg's.:pound:
    Sorry, I knew I couldn't keep a straight face saying that. Isn't if funny though? Cab companies all over the world love the Prius for its biggest benefit. Now, they'll be onto the PHEV version like flies on stink. Perhaps the folks at Streetcar could explain in tiny words for the C.R. testers what they don't get.