1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug in Prius in Maine + Common Ground Fair

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by terry2336, Oct 21, 2010.

1. terry2336

terry2336 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a big international Tech Conference going on in Camden, ME, a couple of miles from me. Toyota is a partial sponsor so they have Prius shuttles ferrying attendees around and a Plug in Prius parked on the main corner downtown. Other than the plug socket and a unique paint job it looks like a regular 2010. The engine compartment is really filled and there is about 2.5" less height in the luggage space. The lithium ion battery gives it a weight of only 200 pounds more. The guys that drove it here from California said it handles and drives like any other Prius once you pass the 13 mile range of the batteries. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. It takes 3 hours to charge on 110 and 1.5 hours on 220.
    On another note I drove past the Common Ground Fair here a couple of weeks ago. This is an organic farm only fair and one of the biggest attractions for Greens in New England. Had huge crowds so I didn't go in but it seemed that every other car there was a Prius.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    cool, cool and cool!!!