1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in Prius is here? (!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Starbug, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know it's been a LONG time since I last logged on and read what's going on in the Prius world...so I may be late in hearing about this......

I saw a link to this UK car site, and found that they already have a Plug-in Prius!!!! Why don't we???!?!?! :( http://www.goingreen.co.uk/store/content/prius/ Is this already here in the USA? God I hope so...... *much drooling and wanting*

Random link for you all to drool over:
    One day when I win the lottery and can afford it, I ultimately want THIS! www.teslamotors.com *heavy drooling and wanting* :wub: All EV, all power and performance, great range. It's basically an EV Lotus.

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Feb 9 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]387862[/snapback]</div>
    I thought there were a couple of companies doing plug in conversions here in the States. Hymotion? And somebody else, too.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow.. welcome back!

There are several 3rd party companies that do conversions.

4. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hah, thanks. I've been real busy with work the whole time I've been absent. And it's looking like within about 2 years I may be able to afford a Prius! YES! The wait is almost overrrrr! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..... *childish giggling of excitement*

How well do the 3rd party conversions work? Are they as efficient with adding to the MPG as the stock one that comes on the UK Prius? I'd love to have a reliably 100+ MPG Prius. My work commute doesn't take me more than 30 miles anyway, so that means I'd be able to make it to work on all EV (going by what the UK site says). I wonder how the aftermarket conversion will effect our current battery's life? How much does the conversion cost? Have there been any rumors of a factory-released Plug-in Prius for the US yet?

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    can't say how well it works but the conversion is pretty hefty and you void the Toyota warranty.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well for about $10,000 there is a company in Ca that will do it. they need to upgrade their battery tech and what they can do for 10 G's for early adapters, they can do for 3 G's when it becomes popular enough for major companies to catch on and start doing it. that is what i am waiting for.

but someone tells me that i can get 30 miles on EV with a battery pack that will last 150,000, i will $5,000 for that today.