1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug in Prius - next step mobile CHP?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by mobile chp, Mar 29, 2011.

1. mobile chp

mobile chp New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    (CHP or "combined heat and power" means feeding electrical power to the grid while heating a house)

GM with Chevrolet Volt missed an opportunity and hope either Toyota takes the chance or anybody helps me on a hack:
    With plug in version combustion engine will not run a lot which means it will be thrown away at end of useful life of car with lots of possible running time not used.
    With little effort - inverter between battery pack and grid - and a docking device automatically connecting cooling circuit with heat exchanger to heat house plus eventually an additional exhaust to water exchanger after parking in backwards in front of my house I can feed several kW of electrical energy into the grid, if its possible to convince the car computer to charge the battery with full power when the car is standing.

By the way: 30'000 doing the same at home plus/or at working place could replace one nuklear power plant and am confident the president would think about sponsoring the method by reducing tax on fuel... (if any - sorry, live in Switzerland, where tax on fuel is about 40% of total price).

So, who helps in a hack with a used prius to apply pressure on Toyota?