1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by coach81, Mar 3, 2010.

1. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So is anyone else here excited about the Prius Plug-in Hybrid coming out sometime next year?

Couple of questions:

1. Will you have to have some special equipment to install at your house to be able to plug-in?

2. I've heard you will be able to get around 12- 15 miles on just electricity, if you can plug in every 15 miles.. you would simply NOT use any gas.. right?

3. Anyone know how much of a savings it will be in cost in electricity vs. Gas use?

Thanks in advance!

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've been documenting my daily driving data so I'll have real-world background available as a basis of comparison when I get my plug-in. For example...

[​IMG]

That should demonstrate a strong desire.

It's also will help to keep the "competition" in check. Far too many claims about performance are being made with just with nothing but vague estimates. That type of promotion doesn't help anyone.

As for your question #2, the "gas free" promotion is one of my pet peeves. The plug will offer a significant efficiency improvement, a MPG boost. True, some situations will be quite impressive. But some gas will be used from time to time... which is the case is true of all the plug-ins with an engine.