1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-In's On Parade

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Oct 22, 2011.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Not to be out-done by last-week end's, "Hybrids on Parade" held somewhere back east in one of those fly-over states :)wave:) ... other parades were going on, here on the west coast. Sponsored by the great folks at 'Plug-in-America" - there were several parades to raise awareness of plug in vehicles. We went up to the historic city of Orange, just east of their traffic circle. In the Library parking lot, close to ONE HUNDRED EV's and Plug in's of all kinds met up ... both factory and after market. I'd have posted sooner, but as you may know, my photo hosting service went belly up, AND, our beloved Prius got crushed in an accident. Oddly enough, Plug-in-America was formed due to factory EV's being crushed just a few years back. But ... they're BAAAAACK ... with a vengence! The group you see below have collectively racked up over ONE MILLION, THIRTY THOUSAND oil free miles. Now, THAT oughta put a teeny dent in the al-queda flight school budget: :thumb:
    enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There WERE a few after market PHEV Prius' in the fold, but no factory ones ... at least not in the city of Orange event. I tried & tried to get a hold of Toyota peeps to see about having one of the proof of concept PiPs there, but to no avail. That's what I get for being a tiny fish in a great big enthusiast's sea. Oh well, the aftermarket Pip's did just fine.

The speakers told us that during their 1st parade, years ago, you could count the participants on your fingers. Now? They're having nice turnouts like this in multiple cities. woo hoo!

3 people like this.
  2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice pics, thanks!

I'm wondering if Leaf is becoming a big hit, cause I see them almost daily.