1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

plugging in cell phone to charge

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by countrygirl, Dec 30, 2012.

1. countrygirl

countrygirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Tried to do this today for the first time. I tried in both the plug thats in the arm rest box and the one under the gear shift.

With both places I could not get my charger to go in. In one place I got about close to half way and then had to really jerk to get it back out.

Is there some other place I haven't found yet where it will work.
    I have never had this problem in my old car.

2. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I encountered this on my first road trip in the car and my cell phone, which was serving as navigation, was very low on charge. I gave the charger a hard shove into the jack under the dash and haven't had a problem since.

3. Direwulff

Direwulff Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It could also be your charger. some chargers are wider then others. does this happen with other car chargers or just the one you have tried already? maybe borrow one from a friend and check it out.

Secondly you can look at your charger, there should be metal "bulges" on the side where flat metal bends out like a bridge. You can put some gentle pressure on these to "close them inward" this can also help just be careful and don't force it too much.

All of my chargers work fine in both charge locations