1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plugging In

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by [email protected], Aug 20, 2007.

1. steven@lov2krz.com

[email protected] New Member

I tried a search on the topic and couldn't find anything so I'll ask the question which I'm sure has been asked but I couldn't find it.

Is there anyway to plug the Prius ('07) into a household electric outlet to recharge the drive line batteries?

I have Photo Voltaic Solar on my home and produce lots of clean renewable energy and don't see any reason (other than technical) not to keep the drive line batteries fully charged to take advantage of the EV modification I did. :)

If this has been discussed please point me to the thread on the forum. If there are things that I can do to make this happen any referrals would be appreciated.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LOV2KRZ @ Aug 20 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]499496[/snapback]</div>
    No. You cannot plug the Prius in to recharge.

But in the first quarter of 2008 A123 will be offering the Hymotion battery pack in 20 mile and 40 mile sizes that will add plug-in to the Prius. Have you got $5,000-$10,000 to spend?

We are all waiting for a plug-in Prius (or plug-in anything else) from Toyota (or anyone else.)

3. steven@lov2krz.com

[email protected] New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 20 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]499501[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the information. Not going to spend that kind of money to be more Green than we already are.