1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plugin Cord Connector Holder Wanted

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Chris Miller, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Chris Miller

Chris Miller New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I recently got my Prius Plugin and use the charging cord that came with the car. I have it plugged in an outlet inside my garage, but there is no room to park the car in the garage. The cord fits under the garage door and reaches the car backed in just outside. When not home or not charging, I leave the connector end that plugs into the car outside behind a bush. I would like to mount a holder for it on the wall next to where I park the car. Where can I get just that part where the connector to the car goes in so I can keep it clean and off the ground? There is a plastic cap for the connector, but I'd rather just plug it into a holding socket when it is not plugged into the car. So I just need the plastic tube, no electrical parts. I could just get a hook for the cord, but it would be nice to have the same type of connector socket to hold the cord on the wall that is on the car itself, then I could just snap it in. Any idea where I could buy that piece? It would be nice to buy a mounting bracket with the socket built in. This would be a great item to sell in the Priuschat shop, anyone want to make them?

2. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [​IMG]
    Here's how I rigged mine. These rubber-coated hooks screw directly into wood. I put some silicone around the base to keep water out. Under $20 at my local hardware store.

4. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Or buy a piece of PVC and drive it in the ground.
    Drill some holes near the bottom to let any water out.