1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plugin parts on a regular liftback?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GasSaver1, Jul 1, 2013.

1. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does anyone know if the silver plugin liftgate trim fits on the regular hatchback?

I know some parts are different, like the black grill piece in the front bumper but I cannot tell if the liftgate pieces are interchangeable.

2. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    the part number would be 76801-47070-B6
    I suspect it will fit the regular hatchback and that it is just molded from the silver plastic, it is the same exact price as the trim for the non-plugin. Just wondering if anyone can confirm

3. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Its amazing how I cannot find any information on this- maybe I have been the only one to ever consider swapping this out @_@

Anyway, I am really considering rolling the dice and seeing if it fits but I am not sure how much work it will be on swapping. it appears to just be held on by the plastic push clips but I dont know if it means prying the panel off from the outside of the car or having to take off all the trunk lid panels and then unclipping from the inside. Does anyone have any insight?

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Seriously? $200+ for a piece of silver plastic?

For that kind of scratch, buy a TRD rear sway bar. ;)

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't know what's involved in doing the swap, but there are PiP owners who dislike the silver trim and would rather have the regular liftback trim. Maybe advertise a trade-in in the Private Sales forum as I'm sure there are members who think the grass is greener on the other side and would be willing to do a swap with you.

6. ou812

ou812 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got one off a junker locally $50.00 and removed it myself, it was in to good a shape to pass it up, but it's not a plug-in part. pulled a few other goodies off that poor car. Told the guy I would buy him a six pack, he declined but would take a gift card so he could buy it himself, I almost lost it.