1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

POA1A & P0A94

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Newsie11, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Newsie11

Newsie11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    As I was entering my driveway the other night, as soon as the RF tire went from the road surface to the dirt of my driveway, the car surged a little, then the dash lit up with the yellow triangle, traction control, check engine and "check hybrid system". From there the car went into safe mode, and max was about 12 MPH. I have limped it around some, the ICE will not start, and I tried resetting the ECU's by disconnecting the battery with no luck. I downloaded the codes I have listed above. My car is a 2010 III with 93K miles on it. What should I expect here? Inverter? Is it covered by warranty?

2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I googled it and looks like inverter related. Have you done the EoE recall?

At that mileage you are covered by the hybrid system warranty. No worries.

3. PriusInParadise

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looks like you have an inverter repair in your future. Did you have campaign SSC-E0E performed? This is the one where the MG-ECU and Power Management ECU are reprogrammed. If so, you may be covered by warranty enhancement ZE3 for 15 years and unlimited mileage. Otherwise, as New York appears to be a CARB state, you may be covered for 10 years/150,000 miles.
    Those DTC you posted suggest failure of component(s) within the inverter. The DTC along with the detail codes will allow the technician to identify the parts required to repair the inverter.

4. Newsie11

Newsie11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have not had any recall info sent to me (unless I missed it) so no recalls have been performed. The stealership told me yesterday that there was a software update recall listed for my car tho. It will get towed there later today.