1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A80 upon hitting bumps in road

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Sharnold, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Sharnold

Sharnold Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I recieved a gen 2 Prius in the shop with the dreaded triangle and P0A80 after removing the HV battery and checking all the cells and block voltages all where matching charged and discharged I decided to throw the battery back in the car after driving 20min with no code I returned to the shop on the way I hit a pothole and it reset the same code. Upon further inspection none related to the HV battery I found that the drivers wheel bearing was wore slap out and the vibration of hitting a bump or a sharp hard turn set the code due to the CV transmission recieving a good jolt due to the axle vibration also pulled code P0A7A generator inverter fail ......... new wheel bearing problem solved.......... this was just a write up to help others who may be experiencing some of the out of ordinary while working on the gen2

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

#1 Sharnold, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    bisco and audiodave like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks!
    that's a first, afaik

3. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You must fix a lot of battery’s

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. Sharnold

Sharnold Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mostly I work on the stuff the dealer only wants to put a new battery in or cars bought at auction good and or totaled and rebuilt title I have 3 at the garage now
    Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I’m gonna guess that’s yes then? You sound like a Prius champion, the little guy that helps out the regular people that can’t afford the dealers high priced repairs. Kudos to you sir. I hope you have most success helping Prius owners in need. (y)

Raytheeagle likes this.