1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

podcasts on your Prius radio via Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PaulLev, Apr 2, 2007.

1. PaulLev

PaulLev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here are two phone numbers you can call to listen to free podcasts while you're driving in your Prius (or any other car) equipped with Bluetooth:

415-223-4122 gets you the most recent episode of the Light On Light Through podcast - 20-25 minutes of talk about new techs, popular culture, politics, food, the works by author, professor, media commentator Paul Levinson (that would be me :) ... current episode is about Battlestar Galactica and Bob Dylan

415-223-4124 gets you the most recent episode of Levinson news clips - 3-5-minute reviews of current tv shows ... currently playing Levinson's review of Lost ... call back early Tuesday for review of 24, etc...

Click on podcast links for more details on the shows. It's all free. I find podcasts often more enjoyabe to listen to when driving than the usual droning on the radio.

Enjoy...

2. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's really neat. Thanks for sharing. Good thing that I've got a ton of cell phone minutes. Not in the Prius right now, but I'm still enjoying your take Battlestar Galactica on my cell phone.

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I will try it tonight, though I'm in the middle of an audiobook. Thanks for the posting though. I thought I was the only person who watches LOST.

4. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Apr 2 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]416612[/snapback]</div>
    You might be if it continues to refuse to answer any mysteries while continuing to pack on more. I still watch it faithfully, but not with the same sense of anticipation that I had before. Another thing that bugs me is that certain characters will disappear for weeks at a time while they focus on a small core.

5. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Apr 2 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]416677[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly. I loved the fitst year, and my interest has diminished each year. I would rather they solve the problems of living together, with their "pre-existing baggage", and not keep introducing new story lines, though last week's show was good. If you remember Gilligans Island, they always had new characters pop up each show, too, but they didn't kill them off, give them CPR, and let them come back for guest shots, at least as far as I can remember.

Not to hijack the thread, but I enjoyed the podcast. Something different to listen too. I agree with Paul's "Lost" comments, but am not a Battlestar follower. One other comment, I found the musical interludes kind of grating, and it overpowered the Bluetooth's musical capabilities, at least mine. In my mundane and boring 45 mile commute, any new source of entertainment and enlightenment is much appreciated.