1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Poor FM reception

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 2010_Prius_Owner, Nov 5, 2009.

1. 2010_Prius_Owner

2010_Prius_Owner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Why is the 2010 Prius with NAV FM Radio reception so bad, it is like it is barely getting any signal with hiss and crackle and I live in the Philadelphia area, many strong stations, but stations I never had an issue with in any other car are poor reception in the 2010 Prius. Same in both my 2010 Prius with NAV and my wifes 2010 Prius with NAV. I am suspecting a poor antenna design or how the antenna/receivers couple with XM receivers/antenna. Audio through XM and Bluetooth is great, but there is no excuse for a 2010 Toyota to have this issue with FM reception.

Jdh2425 likes this.
  2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hmmm - did you know there is a gen III audio forum? There are other existing threads on this known problem. Theories I've seen to date are it needs a better or longer antennae, better shielding of the wiring, and/or better antennae preamp.