1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Poor quality of picture upload

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by flyingprius, Jan 17, 2005.

1. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

I recently posted two photos: One of the navigation system, and one of my Prius on the beach. The quality of the photos on my computer were excellent; but they were terrible when I uploaded them on the website. When I click on my other pictures, I just get a big "X" in the corner. Am I doing something wrong? Why are my pictures so bad??/ :(

2. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Cannot give you an answer to your problem but I just had a look at your pic of Prius on the beach and it looked fine to me. A few weeks ago I tried to attach a photo of my car with a red Christmas bow on the front and resized it to 50 kb but it showed up terrible. Maybe I need to research how to adjust my pictures from 1200kb down to acceptable size for uploading here. I'm thinking the red X is a function of you not having a compatable viewer program in you computer but not sure of that.
    I get that red X in the square in the Prius Price Quote window on the left of this page below the Board Navigation box/User Info

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I uploaded 3 just before you did flyingprius. The thumbnails on two of them are quite poor but when you click on the it to view the full size, it's clear

4. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It only looks bad as the thumbnail, when it's opened it looks good... in early 1970 I opened and managed a Denny's restaurant right behind the bandstand.. where is your picture taken in referance.. or is the bandstand gone..I know the Denny's is.. also opened one by the speedway same year.

Bob Andersen