1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

poorly written "article": Environmental Impact of Batteries Used in Electric Cars

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by cwerdna, Oct 26, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So, elsewhere, I brought up the article from http://priuschat.com/forums/other-cars/99292-detnews-40-mpg-claims-grab-headlines-miss-mark.html and 3 pages into the discussion, someone brings up hybrids and a bunch of folks start spouting off the usual hybrid myths and misinformation.

One of them pointed to Environmental Impact of Batteries Used in Electric Cars | eHow.com. Sigh... the author can't even spell nickel correctly, lists no quantities and makes statements like "a lot of energy". It even has this gem:
    I noticed the author claims to have these credentials:
    Seriously?

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yikes! you are correct to question that article.
    Reminds me of a famous observation-

"You can't believe most of the quotes you read on the Internet."
    A. Lincoln

1 person likes this.
  3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    and what were you expecting?? a writer paid by "someone" from Detroit (one can only guess) to comment on battery tech. well, its either write what the payer wants or dont get paid.

the fact that these types of articles are being commissioned (no doubt in my mind about that) and published tells me that some one is running scared.