1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

pop goes the front right fender

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ctbering, Oct 6, 2008.

1. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just put a dent in the right front fender. Thought about getting it popped out with a dent buster service and buff out the scratch versus going through the standard body shop prices and an expensive paint job. Anyone have experience with this? I love the car but with the economy I am thinking this may be the best choice now.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The paintless dent removal services can work small miracles, if the dent is not too big.

3. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would try the paintless dent repair. My mom ended up with a parking lot dent right on the peak of the front fender flare on her Camry and they were able to fit it totally.

4. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We had EXACTLY the same damage on the right front fender on our Prius. Repair was quick, cheap and PERFECT!! Our only issue was having to wait till the repair tech was available as there had been a lot of hail damage to new car lots in the area and he was completely booked.

I am out of town right now and can't access and post the before/after photos that I have.

5. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I think the insurance industry has taken notice on this dent repair. When I told them about it my agent told me the body shop would try and keep the costs down if I didn't file on my car policy. They quoted me $500.00. I decided to take it to a dent removal place instead. I had it done and I do have one small scratch remaining and the bumper is not perfect...like me..I would say the bumper is now closer to perfect than me. I can see the imperfections on the bumper but it's pretty good at $125.00
    I would strongly recommend this type of repair considering the lightweight material car manufacturers use. The slight bump I had at the time of my accident made me realize how fragile the exterior shell is.