1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pop up posting editor hit-or-miss

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Mendel Leisk, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you want to edit your posting, click on the edit link, the first option is a pop up editor. Seems to work sometimes, other times it just ignores all keystrokes or attempts to locate the cursor.

I'll click on advanced... and problem solved, but just kind of frustrating:

"Is it going to work this time? Should I bother trying? Or just go straight to "Advanced...?"

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    same here. what i do is click on the emoticons. for some reason, they always work. then i backspace to erase it and can then move the cursor to the correct spot. it is very odd that no one else has mentioned it. i sometimes have the same problem in a regular post, can't get the cursor started. same fix or you can go to 'more options'.

3. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    refresh the page before clicking edit.

I find that I can reliably edit the post once without refreshing the page, but another edit requires a page refresh before hitting the "edit".

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This morning the pop-up browser actually locked my browser (IE9). There was an IE querie, did I want to stop a "long running script" (something like that).

Not sure, but it seems like the only way to the advanced editor is through the pop-up editor, and when the pop-up editor locks, then there's no way to get to the advanced editor:

Disable the pop-up, just make an editting request go straight to "advanced"? Or provide two links, one straight to "advanced"?