1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Port Paper Carpet Protector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by toyoprius, May 7, 2004.

1. toyoprius

toyoprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I can't be the only one who has experienced this...

The brown kraft paper mat protector that was apparently placed in the new car at either the port, or Japan, stained my light beige mats. When winter arrived, I just tossed my plastic slush mat over the paper "protector" and the Toyota mats. The paper, of course, got wet and stained the mat. It looks almost as if a cup of coffee was dropped on the mat.

I figured I would be able to shampoo the color out, but some of the brown stain still remains. The Toyota parts folks gave me the hairy eyeball and suggested that I see my original salesman. I was in a rush, and haven't gotten around to it yet. However, this can't be an isolated problem. Or can it??

2. Lectricar

Lectricar New Member

I suggest that you contact your dealer. That's a delivery problem they should take care of quickly. Proide them with the paper (keeping some for yourself as "evidence" of the defect.)

rn

3. jasond

jasond New Member

You're talking about a temporary paper protector like they might put in when servicing your car? You left that in for.. months?

If so, I'm not sure what kind of case you can make that this is a Toyota employee's fault. If you're saying that it was stained at the time of delivery or shortly after, then maybe you can do something. But this: "When winter arrived, I just tossed my plastic slush mat over the paper "protector" and the Toyota mats" makes me think that the damage happened long after you took delivery.

At the worst, you can replace the mats for a few bucks.. it's not the carpet that's stained.

4. toyoprius

toyoprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yup, I'm talking about one of those temporary paper protectors. I didn't leave it in for "months" but it certainly was under the rubber mat for a few weeks. I tossed it when I cleaned the car, noticed the stain, but didn't really have to deal with it until I removed the winter slush mats last month.

I will eventually kick and whine until I get new mats. They can roll their eyes all they want. I am just surprised that Toyota would use temporary paper protectors that will stain light carpeting when wet.