1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Port Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mike_m, Apr 30, 2006.

1. mike_m

mike_m New Member

I placed a deposit down today for an 06 with leather. The sales lady said my 17" wheels and leather seats will be installed at the port. My Sirius radio will be installed at the dealer. Please tell me there is nothing wrong with port installed equipment, what ever it is....... :unsure:

MIKE

2. 98clru

98clru Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ Apr 30 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]247714[/snapback]</div>
    If you see a driftwood '06 heading toward apopka in the afternoon that's probably my 5 day old prius!

I hit all the local dealers before making my purchase and they all indicated that some options were installed in the port (jacksonville). I was not surprized to have toyoguard included in that (it's a waste of money tell the dealer you don't want it and until it hits Jacksonville it can be deleted, all three dealers I negotiated with were willing to do that.) Toyoguard is something that all Southeast toyota dealers tend to have on the car except the upper end (option level 7 etc) where they probably figure they can hit the big spender with even more profitable dealer installed version. Apparently lots of options are added there (auto dimming rearview mirrors among others) and if there was a problem with quality of the work I'm sure the dealers would quickly insist on doing the work themselves.

3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ Apr 30 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]247714[/snapback]</div>
    SE Port installed leather is a quality installation, but it doesn't include the important leather (or vinyl) side and center arm rests and the triangle shaped upholstery strip between the rear seat back and the door jam (dealer can add these trim pieces).
    CAUTION - if you're ordering a package 8, you're getting ripped off because factory leather package 8 costs less than SE Port leather on a package 7, and the port leather doesn't have the leather trim pieces mentioned above and the leather wrapped steering wheel.

4. mike_m

mike_m New Member

I ordered package 5 and then the leather seats. They charged the 1398 or soemthing like that for the leather. My new concern is that they are giving me Siirius radio. It doesn't sound like the ones that they put in at the delaership work good at all.

Thanks,

Mike