1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Portable Sirius in 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ghostrider, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Ghostrider

Ghostrider New Member

I did search and after almost ten pages couldn't find a great answer. Here is what I am trying to do and what may be a better solution. I want to add Sirius to my 2006 Prius (cannot remmeber exact packabe but ot was one step aboveentry). I have a second vehicle and want to move the device between the two. I am probably getting the Starmate 5. My original intent was just to get a second car kit for the Prius and vehicel 2. However my searching found several Toyota kits (SCVDOC1 and TOY-SC1). I cannot figure out if these will work on my 2006 with a Starmate 5. It appears that they would let me see the Sirius info on my display which would be nice. Can I use a protable Sirius device with the se 2 parts?

2. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As someone who has owned a couple of these, I believe you must use the tuner recommended for the interface unit. Then you can get satellite control on the display.