1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

portland-area body shop recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fortheanimals, Nov 12, 2005.

1. fortheanimals

fortheanimals Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sorry if this post should be in care/maintenance.

i really messed up my driver's side a week ago. nasty bout with a concrete post. i plan to call up a couple toyota dealers around here (portland, or) for body shop recommendations. i would just like input from those of you here who have had experience with such or know of the best body shops for the prius. my prius is less than 4 months old. i would really like nothing less than for it to come out looking like new.
    i'm willing to travel a bit for a good shop. cheers.

2. John in Portland

John in Portland New Member

I have used Precision Auto Body in Tigard a couple of times and I was very pleased with the quality of the work they did.

I also have used a body shop in Beaverton whose name escapes me, but it is within two blocks of Beaverton Toyota, and it was recommended to me by that dealership. However, they did a poor job and I had to take it back to have the work completed properly.

Also, if you haven't done so already, take a look at the Willamette Week article from the other week about Leif's Auto Body. That article did a bit of a hatchet job of Leif's but I was pleased to see that it also recommended Precision Auto Body.

3. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry about your car. On the Eastside, friends have good things to say about Obrist & Cunningham, owned by Gresham Toyota, so they'll have all the latest specs and OEM parts of course. I've seen their paintwork on a pearlcoat car and it was very good.