1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Positive Article about Hybrids

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by s1059197, Feb 19, 2006.

1. s1059197

s1059197 Junior Member

I was interviewed for a story in our local paper about the experiences of hybrid car owners, and the resulting article is very positive. I'm the "Phil Whittmer" they mention near the end. That's a misspelling of my last name, but it's par for the course. They also insinuate that a woman from my company who I didn't even know played a role in my decision to buy a Prius. Untrue, but not at all essential to the overall meaning of the article. Just good to see some positive press.

Phil

The article is available at:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/cont...0219hybrid.html

Since the site requires registration, I'll reproduce the text below.

[attachmentid=2258]

2. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Nice line :)

3. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

"And incredibly, my new driving style has added less than five minutes to my daily commute. All that aggressive driving was pretty pointless in retrospect."

This is my favorite part! It is so true and yet it takes something akin to "miraculous" or "incredible" for most of us to realize this. :)

4. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That newspaper needs someone to check the grammer under your photo caption.

5. s1059197

s1059197 Junior Member

Right you are. As you can tell, attention to detail isn't a strong suit of the Dayton Daily News.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that it's "grammar," not "grammer." :)

Phil

6. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great article - especially the quote about the minimal impact on your commute time.

I'll have to stop by sometime - I live in Cincinnati but I'm in Kettering about once a week for work. :)

There's at least one other local poster here on PC - Schmika, who's pretty active, is from Xenia. - We did a small meet last year at Young's.