1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible Fix for Crappy iPod Interface

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dogllama, Jul 12, 2010.

1. dogllama

dogllama New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I saw this on Mac Rumors today and thought it might solve Toyota's horrible iPod integration. Under the new iOS, there is an option for direct output. Maybe Toyota can take this and do some sort of firmware update to integrate?

BMW to Support New 'iPod Out' Feature in iOS 4 - Mac Rumors

2. SDM44

SDM44 SeƱor Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    All I know is that while my iPhone 4 sounds no different, my wife's iPhone 3G (on EDGE network with T-mobile) sounds better when I use my old BMW iPod/iPhone adapter in the Prius. Don't know why, as both the Prius and BMW connectors look about the same. But the one from my 2008 BMW just sounds clearer with the older iPhone, tested with the same settings and different songs & videos. Just a more crisp & cleaner sound.

That doesn't help, but it's just an FYI in case somebody happens to have one laying around.

3. dogllama

dogllama New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Although improved audio quality would be nice addition. This post is meant more to address a solution to the horrible user interface for the iPod.

4. EmuMessenger

EmuMessenger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Agreed across the board. I would love to see the BT streaming support ID tags

5. web1b

web1b Active Member

Maybe next generation Prius. I really doubt there will be any firmware update to enable this on the current Prius. It probably requires new hardware on Toyotas anyway.
    They could probably could do firmware update to fix the most egregious iPod interface problems such as skipping tracks when you try to scroll down a list of songs, but they probably won't bother.