1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible Group Buy On 3m Paint Protection Film

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PROFINISH, May 23, 2008.

1. PROFINISH

PROFINISH New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Fellas,
    I wanted to share something with you guys to see if there’s any interest that can be generated from you on this Forum.

My name is Mikey, and I’ve been floating around these boards for years now. I’ve met some great people and have learned a lot as well.

I’ve been primarily making a living to support my daughter and myself by CAD designing and digitizing paint protection film patterns on literally thousands of autos, boats, coaches race cars and prototypes since the mid 90’s.

The design work if fun, but I’d rather freehand wrap an Enzo or Buggati for kicks personally.:D

Anyhow, I’ve been going around to the different forums and searching out those 'ECO' friendly vehicles to ‘pattern up’ and ’tweak’ to come out with a truly doable paint protection film kit that one could do themselves fairly easily and inexpensively.

I recently came up with a set of ‘user-friendly’ Prius patterns that can be installed by most anyone without difficulty. The key was to make the pattern simple and the instructions simpler.

By taking the time to fully explain each simple procedure in a non technical manner makes the task become much more easier and more fun to learn.

Thinking back to what the going rate for the Deluxe Prius installation was a few months back…

Hood, front fenders, side view mirrors, grille and bumper would run $695 at an independent shop and $1100 when 'rolled' into the financing.

Here is what the kit looks like... I'll let these go for $295
    (I got 10 only)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For what it's worth... I was in a head-on motorcycle accident last August and almost lost my life. I'm still unable to walk and cannot work. I used to own the company and install the paint protection kits that I'm trying to sell here but won't be able to get around for quite a while still.

My SSI disability doesn't kick in until August so I'm just trying to feed my family and pay the bills.

You can also go to my website and read more about the product and see some photos as well at www.pro-finish.com

Thanks for looking!

Also, if you'd like to place an order for a kit, please send me your email address to [email protected] and I'll send you a PayPal invoice you can pay securely with a credit card.

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    How easy is it to install? Congratulations on the first post.

3. PROFINISH

PROFINISH New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks!... It's a lot easier than people are led to believe. On my website are several really good videos that can do better than me typing... go check it out www.pro-finish.com

4. Homer1964

Homer1964 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Profinish, sorry to hear about your accident. I would be interested in one of your kits. Is this the 3m material or another brand and how would I go about ordering this.

5. PROFINISH

PROFINISH New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The material is 3rd generation 3M (latest and greatest) if you send me your email address, I'll send you a PayPal invoice. Also, be sure to view the videos on my site and d/l the install instructions.
    Thanks!