1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible High Score

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Tadashi, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The built in computer game Toyota provided with my car shows that I am on 390.3 miles with 4 bars showing for fuel levels. The MFD shows 66.1 MPG. I refuel when I hit 1 bar which is usually around 520ish miles. I cannot wait to see what this tank will be. The only rules of the "video game" I follow are must follow speed limit (no driving 45 mph on the freeway :p ) and must be used for commute (so no driving around the neighborhood all day). I have not changed my route or driving style so not sure why this tank is getting so much (unless my wife is playing a practical joke on me and filling it up a little bit each night). :lol: I am a lazy commuter and tend to put it on cruise control for the 30 min drive home.

2. EricGo

EricGo New Member

That is *really* good. Are you using A/C ?

My tank is at 61ish, and I cannot really blame my wife; I doubt she drove more than 50 -75 miles.

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I keep my score on greenhybrid.com :D

See my sig below.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm jealous. I should be getting numbers like that, but a loaded car freeway trip to St.Louis resulted in a sub-45mpg tank and the return trip was around 47mpg after ~170 miles. I've eaked it back up to 54.5 at about 250 miles and should be close to 57 barring any weird issues, but with this weather I should be at or above the 60 mark on every tank if I have any hopes of getting my lifetime average over the 53 mark this summer.

5. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I just got back from a 350 mile trip. Pulled into the driveway with 60.9 on the screen. :D It was mostly highway. Driving the speed limit with cruise control plus my mom and dad. I saw about 20 Prius including a classic. Got about 5 thumbs up :D and a finger :huh: Not from a Prius but from some jerk in a truck. Guess he was telling me my car was #1 :D

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hang in there. My last tank was my personal best, but this one is not going as well. I am distracted due to family problems and it is colder here. Last two days have been in the 50's

7. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No A/C here. Very dry here so 100 deg feels like high 80s to me. Plus spending 8 hours in a computer vault at 60 deg I need the heat to defrost. :p I did not use A/C this spring either tho when the temps were in the 70s. I do use the fan sometimes.

hahaha I got depressed because it was my week to drive for lunch which always drops my MPG. :p

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    dang... I'm at 50mpg and 7 bars left. I have a full battery though (8 bars) which is rare and it's in the garage now haha.