1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

possible in NJ?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by njparrothead, Jun 27, 2014.

1. njparrothead

njparrothead Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all, I'm contemplating trading in my 2010 jeep wrangler for a prius c. I live in Bergen County Nj, and drive to Sussex County alot, which is mostly rural. I'm 6'4" and drive 20 to 25000 miles a year? I'm worried about size, country roads, low ground clearance, and winter driving. Anyone experience any issues with any of these? Would i regret it? The mileage is the driving force behind my decision, but i don't want to regret it. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You ask about size but do not tell how many adults you hope to carry. It will be fine for two. If you expect more, get the lift back. County roads will be ideal, the faster you go, the more the liftback makes sense. The c's smaller overhang should help clearance issues. For winter driving, real snow tires.

3. coyote303

coyote303 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Only a test drive will determine if you have enough leg room in a c. I am just over 6 feet tall, and the car fits me perfectly. So, your extra height might be an issue.

Also, if most of your driving is over 55 MPH, a regular Prius might be better. The c can easily handle faster speeds, but a regular Prius gets better mileage at those speeds.

njparrothead likes this.
  4. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    the C will do everything you listed easily, but the regular prius will do it much better and even easier. im around 6'2" 240 lbs and i find the C just a tad bit cramped, but im still able to do 4 hour drives without stopping.

5. ejvorb

ejvorb New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm 6'3" and fit fine. The adjustable seat helps, but if anyone sits behind you, it will be tight. I put on about 26000 miles a year and find the c great for my commute (mostly freeway). I've been averaging about 51 mpg going around 70 mph. I haven't done much snow driving yet, but plan to get snow tires for the Michigan winters. I haven't regretted my decision yet. Love my c!

#5 ejvorb, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  6. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like C is good for tall drivers, and certainly the regular liftback has always had this feature. As far as winter driving Prius should be fine, but keep in mind the highest MPG tires sometimes sacrifice winter driving. So go to TireRack.com to check out ratings in different conditions (wet, snow ice etc).