1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible new Shark Fin Company

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Ryanpl, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone. I know that most people who buy Shark Fin antennas go with Visual Garage but there is another company called Beat Sonic that also makes the antennas. Has anyone had any experience with this company?

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The beat sonic antenna is larger, more expensive, and oddly, they didn't even have my color (magnetic grey - 1G3)

3. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually in the cost area it's cheaper than here or VG. Shipped to my house is $72.50. I was wondering about the size. I'm sure the reception is still as bad.

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I stand corrected on the price. I was looking at the wrong website. Yeah it does look a little fatter and longer than mine (no jokes please).

Who knows, your reception might be good. You might get lucky (really, no jokes).

Show us when you install it. I'll post pics of mine later tonight (ok thats just sick)

5. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm tring to hear from anyone who already has one before i buy.

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Oh right. You might be hardpressed to find someone who has that fin. If you look on their eBay page they only have a feedback of 22, and not everyone purchased the shark fin either. However, I did read a feedback left by a Prius owner who said something like “Radio reception didn’t decrease dramatically!†Hmmm…take what you will from that statement…

From looking at the Beat Sonic website, this product could possibly be the true JDM fin – at least what Japanese kids are installing on their Prius.

FYI, my radio reception isn’t AS BAD as I made it sound yesterday. Time will tell, but for now, I don’t have any regrets about my VG antenna.