1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible to add OEM Toyota blind spot monitoring and parking assist sensors?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Lmkit, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Lmkit

Lmkit New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Hi Everyone,

i am new on here and am from Canada. I bought my 2020 Prius Prime Upgrade package model( NOT TECHNOLOGY package) so I don’t get all the tech stuff. I have been thinking and paranoid for not spending that$3000 for all those features. And now I want to know if I could add those parking safety assist sensors and blind spot monitoring sensors back to my Prius prime like I would have got it if I were to get the technology package model. Is it possible to do it at the Toyota dealer or maybe at an auto shop for installation? I am hesitant to get aftermarket sensors because it will not have the total functionality of the genuine one. Ex. lane assist steering.

what about installing the head up display as well?

so will there be a place hopefully in Ontario that it might be possible to do all those things?

just a thought and see if I could take my chances!

thanks

Gokhan likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

my advice would be to try and put it out of your mind.

while it doesn't hurt to ask around, and anything is possible to those with enough money, time, patience and knowledge, i have to think it would not be worth the trouble and expense.

Louis19 and Salamander_King like this.
  3. Lmkit

Lmkit New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Hey Bisco! Thanks for your recommendation! I guess it’s really not worth the time and money on those things, seems like it’s a lot of trouble as you said! Maybe I’ll just invest on some basic accessories. I am still looking for the aero side splitter…apparently it is only available in USA but not Canada…..anyway! Thanks for your advise!

bisco likes this.
  4. MBurch

MBurch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I think it would be cheaper and a more reliable system to trade up - take the hit on depreciation (although given the used market.....) so, I would work with your dealer to order a new 2022 fully loaded - you will need to wait but it will be worth it as I find the blind spot, cross traffic and sonar parking to be daily used features....plus heads up is rather nice option

pghyndman likes this.
  5. Lmkit

Lmkit New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Hey MBurch, thanks for the advise, there was one time that my dealer called me and want to buy back my car but I just ignored him and didn’t get back to him. So I lost my chance! Lol I wish I made that call but oh well. I guess si have to live with what I have now. It’s still not so bad I’m the end

6. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Nope, that's not possible. You need to trade it in. That said, after having both the XLE and Limited, I would never downgrade to XLE! BSM is indispensable!

pghyndman likes this.
  7. chickenhawk

chickenhawk Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    With all the rebates and incentives going away and the increase cost over MSRP its not worth it to upgrade to new car.

Lmkit likes this.
  8. GSP_Prius

GSP_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    You can get BSM and cross traffic with an easy license plate aftermarket add on. Or splurge for bumper detector sensors. Check out Pioneer. But don’t know about the parking sensors.

9. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Amen!

Our first Prime was a Premium model, but we lusted for the additional features in the Limited. Thanks to healthy trade in allowances and federal/state incentives we were able to upgrade at $0 net cost. Woo Hoo.. gotta love it!

Some upgrade features are kind of Meh, but all told the others, are worth far more than the additional cost.

GSP_Prius and Gokhan like this.
  10. Louis19

Louis19 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Call back your dealer , canadian car market is going nuts , maybe you will able to find an answer to your dream of a Techonology package, if your ready to wait a few months ,

11. Louis19

Louis19 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    well it is a different story in Canada, TCI ,(Toyota Canada inc) won't permit dealers selling over MSRP , and incentives for the Prius Prime are $2500CAD to $6500CAD depending in what province you live in. So our friend dreaming of a technology package could be surprised by trading in his Prius Prime., at the present price for gas $2.15 CAD a litre or $6.46USD a gallon , his trade in could be very good in the canadian market

#11 Louis19, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  12. GSP_Prius

GSP_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    there are after market parking sensors too. Requires some drilling but it’s affordable equipment - a few videos on youtube

Lmkit likes this.
  13. Lmkit

Lmkit New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    I thought about that, but when it is not OEM, I will still nag about it. I guess I gave up on adding back an after market sensor. I just have to live with what I have now! Thanks for the advise though!☺️