1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Post-factory Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mbutterfield, Jul 23, 2006.

1. mbutterfield

mbutterfield New Member

When I signed up on the dealer waiting lists, I was willing to take a pine or grey with package #3, 4,or 5. I was recently matched with a Pine #3 with a delivery expected early next week (8/1). However, the Bluetooth option is only included in packages 5 and up. Package 5 includes the night mirror, security, multi-disc CD/sound upgrade, and Bluetooth. Most of these are available as port options, except for the Bluetooth and VSC :( .

(1) Is there any way to add the 'OEM' Bluetooth? I suspect that you have to obtain a Bluetooth 'module', and also suspect that a software or firmware tweak is required. Perhaps the module could be obtained directly from Toyota, a salvage yard, or someone parting out a wrecked Prius.

(2) If the answer to (1) is no, is there an aftermarket option that can be cleanly integrated with the Prius display?

(3) Hey TOYOTA! (just in case you are ever out here trolling the forums): It would be very nice to have the capability to add certain 'post-factory' devices, such as Bluetooth, and VSC. Think of it as the 'cafeteria plan' for options. This is especially important during periods when the buyer has virtually no control over the supply pipeline.

Thanks!

2. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GadgetHead @ Jul 23 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]290900[/snapback]</div>
    Add me to the list of wanting post deliver Bluetooth. I ordered a package 4 so I have the vsc, but didn't want to pay the extra for the other options, but would have considered bluetooth if was available as an option by itself..