1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Potential Impact of Exempt Vehicles on HOV Lanes

Discussion in 'The File Library' started by zenMachine, Jun 22, 2007.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Contains information on HOV guidelines, usage patterns etc. Essential for understanding HOV rules, regulations and debate.

[attachmentid=9149]

Attached Files:

2. brentmeister

brentmeister New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zenMachine @ Jun 22 2007, 10:14 PM) [snapback]466721[/snapback]</div>
    Looks like Texas (Dallas in particular) is going to do everything possible to keep Hybrid's off the HOV lanes... That's a real shame especially considering the poor Texas air quality in the urban areas such as Dallas. Additionally the transit system (DART) has been pathetic at best. The light rail was initially run to the southern suburbs even though north and west commuters account for over 75% of the metroplex traffic - it was politically correct to run it to the south ahead of any other direction. This year they (DART) jacked up the monthly pass to $90 which makes driving all but a Hummer a better deal financially.... I could go on but will not, However I am very sorry to see they are positioning themselves to do the wrong thing with Hybrid's also...

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A person at my work place said he was considering buying a hybrid, but only if the HOV exemption was for sure (kind of a strange consideration, IMO). But anyway, I passed him this info along with some other links to the TX legislature site regarding pending bills.

I agree, things do look bleak here in N. Texas regarding HOV, hybrids, and public transportation in general. Perhaps if Houston does something, Dallas may follow suit? I know Big D is too proud to follow Austin's lead (and don't even mention San Antonio and their much hated Spurs!!!)