1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Potential PriusChat proliferation products

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A couple of members have been nice enough to put together some business cards for PriusChat members to carry with them in order to spread word of the site & the knowledge on it.

I thought I would post the latest business card template created by TonyPSchaefer and let you guys take a look at it and see if there are any changes or additional suggestions you have for it.

After we finalize a nice format for the card I'll start a new thread that is a bit more aptly named :)

My one suggestion so far would perhaps having a spot on the card for members to type in their username before printing them out - but that's also something that can easily be written on the back of the card.

From Tony: "I used the Avery business card template so that anyone could just pick up a pack of Avery stock, print these out and there ya go."

Input is appreciated!

2. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

This is an awesome idea!

Nothin much i can add other than our username on the card like you said would be a good idea!

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You're a very smart man, Kev! At least you must be since we were on the same path. :)

To that end, I've also mocked up some card backs. See attached. The idea is that you can print the fronts of the cards, flip the paper over and print the backs. It should be obvious here your personal information goes in. And if you don't like the stock wording, you can just change it.

Everyone cast your vote on card layouts, ideas, formats, fonts, graphics, whatever. In fact, if you have graphics you think would be good, send them to me via Private Message. You can tell with the file Danny posted that I didn't have much to work with. :-(

I'll be happy to make card templates incorporating everyone's input. The really nice part is that there doesn't have to be just one card style. We can have multiple card styles with various graphics and wording.

BTW, I have M$ Office and am not as fluent with WordPerfect. If someone would do any needed conversion, that would be great.

[edit]
    After I had attached the file, my other personality must have attached it again.
    [/edit]

[second edit]
    did not
    [/second edit]

4. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very cool idea! I like it alot!

Did anyone else get the VistaPrint Business Card ad at the bottom of this page? Man, those Google ads are pretty cool, and support PC too!

Tim

5. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Which Avery form is this to use?

My first reaction was how un-Prius this is with the wasted stock between the cards to get only 8 cards pre page.

I have been using stock that has 10 cards per page. (I dont have it here to give the vendor and number.) But then I look at the Avery web site and what I find is also 10 cards per page so these won't work with the Avery 887x series either.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for pointing that out. I have to admit all of my document and material development is done from scratch; I'm not up to speed on my Avery forms. I was using the wrong one. I even questioned it when I saw it but figured that's how it worked.

I've made the change on my template from the one posted to the Avery 537* series of tempates. There are four listed in Word2k, all of which seem to create the exact same tempate.

Rest assured that when we come up with the final card(s) design, they will all be on the more efficient template.

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Kevin, those are great...Bob