1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Potential Solution to the Rough Start/Engine Rattle

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by FlyBoy2960, Feb 24, 2011.

1. FlyBoy2960

FlyBoy2960 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    All,

I've been recently having the engine rattle/knock noise occasionally when I start the car. After my first oil change, I mentioned this to the dealer and demonstrated this to them while they documented the issue. I left my car at the dealership for investigation.

The following day, my dealer said they called Toyota and created a case about this. Toyota responded saying they heard about this and the possible root cause is the Motor Mounts on the Prius. They will be sending parts (date is still unknown) to fix the issue. :rockon:

I specifically asked if there is any damage to the engine and they said absolutely not and there is nothing wrong internally with the car. This also makes kinda sense because if I press the accelerator to the ground when it starts up, the knock doesn't appear. It also works if I put the car into D and drive away.

For your information, I live in Eastern PA and purchased my 2010 Prius at a very large and popular Toyota dealer..oldest in the USA.