1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Potentially a two prius household

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by aminorjourney, May 22, 2008.

1. aminorjourney

aminorjourney Mum to two prius!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi folks,

Well, sadly for me my City El EV looks like it may become a hobby car or get sold on. I've been offered work which means more traveling for me beyond the realistic range of the car. Plus I've got some issues with ABS plastic moldings on the car (which are partly structural) thanks to the previous owner using the wrong type of brake fluid on the car.

Anyway.

Our choices are now between a couple of options for various City EVs on the market (with me driving the EVs on the days I do less than 40 miles and my partner switching her prius with me on the days I need to do longer miles) or for us to go and get a second hand Prius.

We're looking at a used T4 (UK specs here) from 2003. It's got 66,000 on the clock. Anything we need to look out for in an '03? I know our '07 pretty well and I'd love to have a top line model like it, but the finances won't stretch that far at the present moment.

Of course, the idea then would be (if we got the second prius) to convert it eventually into a PHEV...I really don't want to own a petrol car and would prefer an EV - but the Prius looks like a good option, especially if we convert it.

Thoughts and suggestions? I don't really know what can go wrong with a five year old Prius...

Thanks,

Nikki.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Nikki. I don't know anything about the Gen I prius, but I do know there's a forum here especially for that model. You might want to post your query there for a speedier response.