1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PotHole Damage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JoeVentu, Mar 12, 2006.

1. JoeVentu

JoeVentu New Member

Well, only 2000 miles on my Prius and I hit a pothole last night (could not see it in the dark) and let me just say this: I have been driving for 30 years and I have NEVER hit anything like that! The Prius bottomed out and the front tire blew. I really cannot tell if there is suspension damage, but I think so..rotor and caliper seem to be grinding. The good news is that it is easy to change the tire..even in darkness. I will keep you posted as to the damage and repair costs

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Insist on a four wheel alignment (including normally non-adjustable parameters: toe, caster, camber), and of course replacement not straightening of any parts. Check for bent sheet steel frame members also. Get the alignment printout in writing and keep it.

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    KTPhil has it right. Get whatever done to make it perfect and document everything very well. My sister in law had a similar incident many years ago in CT. She pressed the town for the damages and got them reimbursed + she got the hole repaired.